Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Rustic Neutrals

I have a quick project and post for you today for the challenge over at The Card Concept featuring Rustic Neutrals.

The card I made for today features a fast and easy way to create a card and uses the Thankful For You Stamp and Die set from Papertrey Ink.

This particular set was designed by Betsy Veldman last year and I still love it today.  It is the epitome of "home" to me, especially because of the wheat. Kansas is the largest producer of wheat in the nation, with an estimated 10.8 million tons harvested each year.  It was also home to many for all of my growing up years and many of my adult life years as well.

To my knowledge, there are only two stamps sets at Papertrey Ink that have wheat and I own both of them; Paper Clippings: Thankful For You and Give Thanks, both with Coordinating Dies. They were released about a year ago.  This particular card uses the Paper Clippings: Thankful for you Die.  There is also the Paper Clippings: Thankful For You Details Die which cut each of the small individual pieces so that you can create a scene (not my particular strength) or add layers for dimension.

The nice thing about the Paper Clippings: Thankful For You Die is that you can make it pretty simple if you like.  It takes up most of the space on a A2 card front and you can color it by any means you wish.  For mine, I did a combination of the simplest copic coloring and also using stamps from the set to stamp the leaves. I wanted to go with the rustic fall colors so I chose my color accordingly by choosing Melon Berry, Summer Sunrise, Fine Linen, Dark Chocolate and Ocean Tides. The background panel is Melon Berry Cardstock on a Classic Kraft card base.


I had so many ideas for the inspiration image but only time enough to execute one of them.  However, there are many beautiful cards from the other Design Team Members, so be sure to stop by The Card Concept Challenge Blog and take a look!

4 comments:

  1. Vicki, this is such a gorgeous card! I love all the pretty details and the fall colors! Have a great week!
    Take Care!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card...love all your beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun and fabulous details on yet another 'Vicki' creation! Your colors are amazing together, and a big wow to the glittered sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a stunning card! The melon berry card stock is a perfect choice for your background. Love the bright leaves with the soft colors of the wheat, and that ocean tides color is lovely on the sprigs.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for making my day by leaving an encouraging comment! It means the world to me when you do. Hugs!