Sunday, February 12, 2017

Celebrating 2008 with Garden of Life


Today we are continuing the 10th Anniversary Celebration at Papertrey Ink with a look back at 2008.  I actually wanted to change one thing on yesterday's card but that went sideways in a hurry and I need to start over on that one.  I have a few days to get it done, thankfully!

One of the stamp sets that was revisited today is Garden of Life. There are links to all of the original posts with that set but one of the new Design Team Members, Keeway Tsao, used it for today's post with a bit of a modern twist.  I love her fun, cheerful card and immediately I thought of some paper that happened to still be on my desk.

Papertrey had a big Pre-Anniversary sale last month and put almost all of the paper packs they had on sale for $1.00.  Yes, you read that right, $1.00. I didn't buy much paper, but I did get a couple; Luxe Foil Designer Papers in Gold and Star Scribbles which is printed on White Linen with some in Gold Foil and some in Silver Foil.  These are pre-cut for you at $.25 x 5.5 inches. Foiled Designer Paper is almost the only patterned paper I ever use. There are exceptions from time to time of course, but I remembered seeing one of the papers in the stack that made me hone in right away on Keeway's card.  I love the way she offset the scribbled or doodled flowers over the top of the solid images to get the fun whimsical look on her card. Plus, she has just a touch of Gold cardstock on there and you know I am a fan of that!

One of yesterday's featured sets from 2007 is Spiral Bouquet, which I just happen to have gotten from the For Sale or Trade Forum about a year ago. There a few sentiments in that set that I really love.  So using a piece of designer paper from the Luxe Foil pack and yesterday's set I came up with my card for today.

To create my scribbled flowers, I used a circular piece of red rubber that was a leftover from an old cling mount style rubber stamp.  I have a few of these and I've kept them for another project that I do from time to time, but this one was perfect to stamp inside of the gold scribbles being 2 3/8th inches in diameter. For the top flower I used Lovely Lady Ink and for the bottom right I used Hibiscus Burst Ink.  I stamped these by hand but for the sentiment I used my small MISTI since on yesterday's card I got it crooked. 

Once I had the greeting stamped and heat embossed with Ranger Ultra Fine Detail Gold Embossing Powder, I laid my scalloped edge die across the front of the panel and die cut it a bit shorter so that I could have the piece of Pink and Gold Striped Paper peeking out from the bottom.  The easiest way to do this is to cut a strip the width of your card and attach it to the card base at the bottom front. Once that was done, I could attach the scalloped piece at the top to create the front of my card. After that I added quite a bit of gold watercolor splatter to the front panel protecting the pink and gold foiled paper with a couple of post-it notes to give it added texture.

This made for a fast and easy card in a very clean and simple design.  The pre-printed Gold Luxe Foil Papers made it that much faster and gave me the ability to mimic the style Keeway used on her card.  
Be sure to stop over at the Papertrey Ink Blog to see all the projects that get linked up each day during the festivities.  Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today and I hope you'll come back soon!

1 comment:

Thank you so much for making my day by leaving an encouraging comment! It means the world to me when you do. Hugs!